October 2017

 Stuart Johnson

Mr. Johnson was taking his garbage cans to the street when he collapsed in the ditch next to the road. A public works employee for the City of Sammamish stopped and began CPR efforts. Station 81 was less than a mile away.

A81 arrived, FF Dotson began compressions with the Lt. and the rookie firefighter was the defibrillation technician. This was our rookie firefighters first resuscitation and first use of a defibrillator. We saved him with one rapid shock from the defibrillator.

He spent 4 days in the hospital and returned to normal life activities and to his lovely wife.