Wilderness First Aid
Wilderness environments create special situations not usually encountered in an urban or suburban environment. With an ASHI Wilderness First Aid class, first aid providers in a remote outdoor setting will be better prepared to respond with wilderness first aid training when faced with limited resources, longer times to care for someone, and decisions about when and how fast to evacuate an ill or injured person. This comprehensive 16-hour wilderness first aid course meets or exceeds the Boy Scouts of America Wilderness First Aid Curriculum and Doctrine Guidelines, 2017 Edition.
Wilderness First Aid Course Includes
Information-filled slide presentation covering wilderness and remote first aid from a basic understanding of emergency response in an outdoor setting to specific techniques and considerations for a wide range of injuries and illnesses.
Wilderness First Aid Classes topics include:
- Preparation and Assessment
- Preventing and Caring for Injuries and Illnesses
- Environmental Hazards
- Other Wilderness Considerations
Basic CPR/AED/First Aid
• Basic First Aid (On site live, or Blended Online w/Live Skills)
• Advanced First Aid (Contact us for a quote) (On Site Only)
• Wilderness First Aid (16-hr course) (On Site Only)